Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing

This recipe goes with Strawberry Fields Forever Cake.

Since our printer was not hooked up when I was making this cake, I jotted the recipe down on paper instead of printing it from the Honeyed Hashette blog. The icing that I made was so soft and fluffy that it was actually too soft for the cake - on the drive to my dad's house, the top layer of the cake kept sliding off and I had to do some major cake resuscitation when I arrived. I mentioned to my husband that the recipe's 1 1/2 cups of butter was a lot and that next time I'll cut it down to 1/2 cup so it won't be so soft. Well, lo and behold, when I jumped online to add the recipe to my blog, I realize that the recipe DID actually only call for 1/2 cup of butter and I had mistakenly written down 1 1/2 cups butter! Either way, the icing is delicious!!

Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing
INGREDIENTS:
2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup frozen sweetened strawberries, puréed

DIRECTIONS:
Blend cream cheese and butter together until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and blend well. Add strawberry purée and blend well. Refrigerate until use.

CREDIT: "Strawberry Cupcake Fields Forever post" from the Honeyed Hashette blog

No comments: